Challenge Center Job Overview 2018Challenge Center employees facilitate groups through teambuilding activities and climbing events at our on-campus ropes course. All new employees are considered Candidate/Apprentices. As an Apprentice, you are considered “in training” and will learn from other staff while on the job.
Candidate/Apprentice ($11.00/hr) – Expected to learn about group dynamics, how to belay, how to lead activities.
Future positions based on progression:
Facilitator ($12.00/hr) – Expected to lead groups of 10 – 100 participants in games and teambuilding activities, belay climbing participants, and train/mentor other staff.
Team Lead ($13.50/hr) – Expected to be in charge of programming logistics, supervision of other staff, mentoring, safety, client communications and customer service on the day of a program.
FOR ALL POSITIONS…
We are looking for people who:
- Value communication, integrity, respect, compassion, leadership, engagement.
- Have or are interested in obtaining CPR, basic First Aid, Wilderness First Aid (or higher), and CA Commercial Class B Drivers License.
- Take initiative and are willing to be responsible for your own progression.
- Come to work with a positive attitude.
- Love working with people.
- Love being outdoors.
Why you’ll love this job:
- On campus positions and flexible work hours.
- Helping teams bond and work together.
- Gnarly discounts on trips and equipment.
- A chance to develop as a leader.
To apply, please check our Current Postings